Susan A. Waddell
Telephone: (540) 387-2320
Fax: (540) 389-2350
Susan Waddell is a litigator and disability advocate who represents individuals, corporations, insurance companies and their insureds in general liability, Social Security disability, ERISA benefit appeals, products liability, personal injury, and other matters. Ms. Waddell is a graduate of the University of Alabama, and was admitted to the Virginia State Bar in 1984. She is a member of the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys and the National Organization of Social Security Claims Representatives (NOSSCR).
- Virginia State Bar, 1984
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 1984, J.D.
- University of Alabama Tuscaloosa, Alabama; 1981, B.A. English
Professional Associations, Memberships and Community Service:
- Roanoke Bar Association, past member of Board of Directors
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Total Action Against Poverty, past member of Board of Directors
- Roanoke Symphony Orchestra, past member of Board of Directors
- YWCA Roanoke, Virginia, past member of Board of Directors
- Youth Court Judge, Roanoke Bar Association
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life Committee
- Member Junior League Roanoke Valley, Board Member
Continuing Legal Education and Other Presentations:
- 1995 "Trying the Automobile Accident Case", Lorman Educational Services Seminars.
- 1997, 1998 "How to Avoid Medical Malpractice Claims", presented to incoming medical residents and nurse practitioners at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
- 1997, 1998 "Virginia State Law Relevant to Medical Ethics Issues", presented at the College of Health Sciences, Roanoke, Virginia.
- April 2000 "Medical Malpractice Law in Virginia" wrote the seminar text and spoke on this topic for the Virginia Continuing Legal Education organization
- August 2000 & August 2001 "Seminar on Confidentiality of Medical Records in Virginia" Lorman Educational Services Seminars.
- September 2001 "Obtaining and Maintaining Federal Benefits for Your Client", Seminar presented for The Virginia Continuing Legal Education Organization.
- May 2006 and March 2007 "Medical Malpractice Case Law Update", presented to the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, Malpractice Section
- April 2008 "Medical Records Law in Virginia", Lorman Educational Services Seminars.
- Voted “Outstanding Young Woman of the Roanoke Valley” by the Roanoke Jaycees, 1994.
Susan Wadell's case listings »